Our Doctrinal Beliefs
- The Divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament Scriptures.
- The existence of one God in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The deity, incarnation and virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity.
- The fallen, sinful and lost condition of all humankind.
- The salvation of people from the consequences and power of sin through the perfect obedience, atoning death, resurrection from the dead, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and unchanging Priesthood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The immediate work of the Holy Spirit in the regeneration of people, in their sanctification, and in their preservation to the heavenly kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The necessity for repentance towards God, and of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, in order to receive salvation.
- The resurrection of the dead and the final judgment of all people by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Divine ordinances, observed by the church, of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Baptism being the immersion of believers upon the profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as an identification with His death, burial and resurrection; the Lord’s Supper being a regular memorial of the sacrifice of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ until He returns).
Our Church Distinctives
- The Authority of the Scriptures in matters of belief and practice
- The Lordship of Jesus Christ both personally and as a church family
- The autonomy of the local church and its voluntary association with other like-minded churches amongst Queensland Baptists
- The Priesthood of all Believers
- Our liberty of conscience
- The Separation of Church and State